Things I learnt last month:
1. How to twist your leg so violently during a late night bout of dancing that you end up fracturing a bone.
2. How to hop one-legged down the entire length of the runway at Kathmandu airport.
3. How to go to office, travel alone, and attend a wedding with one leg in bright blue plaster.
4. How to be extremely grateful for your crazy-ass, awesome bunch of friends who come over after midnight and surprise you with a full-fledged birthday party because it's your birthday and you are stuck at home with your bright blue plaster and an impending deadline for company.
4. How to let people help you with the simplest of tasks (putting on your shoes, climbing a couple of stairs, standing in the kitchen and making yourself some breakfast) and not feel helpless, annoyed, and guilty about it.
5. How to stop whining about your pain and your plaster and your virtual house arrest. How to smile and put on a brave face and joke around, even when it's the second painkiller you've had that day. Because no one likes whiners, and pain is a very personal thing.
All in all, not a bad set of pithy wisdom for a twenty four year old. Heehaw.